Friday, July 07, 2006

The question is---

"Would you be willing to look bad if everyone would sign a contract saying they'd also look bad?"
Now, I am not such a "Dorothy Daydream" to believe that everyone would sign--there would be somebody who wouldn't sign. And there I would be--standing there looking like shit and the person who did not sign looking like she just stepped out of VOGUE.

There are people (women) who never look behind themselves. All it takes is a hand mirror and a half turn and "voila" you can see what everybody sees as you walk away. It is really scary. I never thought I would get to this. OLD!!!! Yesterday, I was shopping with two of the best friends a girl could have. We have made a pact that we will tell each other if we ever try to leave the house looking ugly. I used to climb stairs with grace, and now I am clinging to the railing as if the steps are going to crumble from under my feet. What the hell happened???!!! I negotiated the world with a lot less trepidation. My brain is telling me that I am twenty, but my neck is telling me that I am 59--almost 60. I am wearing more turtleneck shirts, than I ever have. Now, Katherine Hepburn makes sense. Did you ever notice that she had a three color wardrobe? Khaki, black, white. I guess it is easier to decide what to wear. After all you don't have much time left and you don't want to waste it by standing in front of the closet trying to decide what to wear.
The only answer to this dilemma is to win the lottery so you can afford the maintenance. Manicures, pedicures,facials,personal trainers.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey.... you are only 59 not 79..... you have lots and lots of good years ahead of you!

7:03 AM  
Blogger Dandy said...

Thanks, Sweetie, spoken like a true daughter!!!!!

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home