Thursday, June 22, 2006

New Lifestyle Ahead

Tomorrow is Kirk's last day. He is soooo looking forward to not having the stress. Actually, I am a little jealous, after all I am older than he is. I should be the one retiring. I will next year. Now he will join me in puttering around the house, working on special projects(new fence and gate), weeding flower beds--I did the one in front. I am saving the one in the back yard for Kirk because we have two grass snakes who have taken up residence in our yard and I am very a scared of snakes. I KNOW these are the good kind, but I am still scared.

We will be off to Kansas to visit with my Mama toward the end of July, while Patsy gets Amanda moved to New York City. That is so exciting--now I have someone to visit and go to see Broadway shows.

I have some begonias calling me to come plant them.
See Ya!!!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sure you guys will have a great sumer!

2:27 PM  
Blogger Dandy said...

WOW!! You really do check to see if I have blogged or not. Thanks, Sweetie. I love you

7:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I check all the time...... keep blogging! Love you too

7:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Puttering sounds fun!

7:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One thing about me, I can putter. Wow. Can't believe I am retiring after working nearly all my life. This is going to take some getting used to, but am looking forward to doing those things week-ends are never long enough for. I appreciate everyone's good wishes. The folks here at work have made me feel very humble, as they come by, one by one, telling me thanks and good bye!! What a wonderful world!
Kirk

5:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kirk...So you thought the world was wonderful before you retired? Now you will have a chance to see some of the wonderful you might have missed while surrounded with stress. If you have trouble adjusting to being retired, call me. I am a highly trained professional who has a good handle on the "retired thing". Congratulations, Kirk.

Tricky

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home