Friday, June 02, 2006

Best Friends

You know it is hard to beat lunching with best friends. I did that today and it was wonderful. There are not a lot of people who are as lucky and I am to have a group of dear friends who would walk through fire for me. Sometimes I take them for granted, my sweet wonderful sister does not have the luxuary of having good friends who would be there for her and listen to her, hold her up when she is down. I count myself a very lucky woman to have "sisters" who are always here for me, NO MATTER WHAT!! I wish that I was not so far away from my sister, we have so much fun when we get together. She is an artist. What we could not do if we were in the same town. We have laughed about renting a RIDER truck and going across America poking through antique stores. We have done that on a small scale either in the Kansas region or the Texas region of America. We have lots more to poke through. Sometimes, right after I get home from visiting her, I miss her so much my heart hurts. She is my only sister, I have two brothers and I had the opportunity a few weeks ago to visit with all of my siblings, and I must say that it was like we had not been away from each other at all. We laughed so much that I would get a headache. The four of us have always been very close, and it does not matter that we have lived half a world away from each other over the years. We have traveled to places that most people just read about, and we have lived in the heart of the south and in middle America. We have gleaned knowledge from everywhere we have been. The world does that for you , if you let it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Thats awesome to have friends like that!!

11:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen, "sister"!

3:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home