Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Broken Plates Project

I saw the greatest chair in Tuesday Morning a couple of weeks ago-- bad news--it was $180.00. So I started thinking about two metal chairs that I have had since 1975--they have been recycled several times, one more time wouldn't hurt.
I went to Home Depot looking for scrap plywood and I found some. I thought that I would have to pay a nominal fee for the wood--the Gods were smiling on me and I got the wood for FREE!!!! Saturday I measured and sawed the wood into squares to fit in the seats of the chairs. NOW COMES THE FABULOUS PART!!!! I went to the Goodwill Store and bought an armload of different kinds of plates, brought them home, wrapped them in a towel and smashed them with a hammer. I created mosaic
seat bottoms in those old chairs. (Just like the expensive ones at Tuesday Morning). They have to dry for 24 hours before I can start the groutting process. I can hardly wait to see the end result!!!
Now I have to come up with another project, since I have nearly finished that one.

What I really need to do is iron the stack of clothes that is piled on our guest bed, so that Larry and Cheri have place to sleep tomorrow night. Maybe, I will do that tonight and watch a movie. Looking forward to the weekend.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

We have always wanted to do that with our old kitchen table. We will have to see what you did! Cant wait to see you guys tomorrow!

9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds awesome. I can't wait to check the chairs out. Looking forward to hearing you sing!!

7:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mom, you always have some project up your sleeve. I am sure you will be able to think of something to do next! I can't wait to see the chairs!

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home