Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Ladies Who Lunch

Arlene, Loretta, and I are getting together for lunch today--Canyon Cafe. This will probably be it before Arlene and I go back to work. Loretta and Kirk are retired--damn it!!! Just kidding--I am a little envious, though. I wonder sometimes, how people stay in business, when they don't show up to do a job!!! We are waiting for a carpet cleaning crew to come shampoo our carpets. It is now 10:45--they were suppose to be here by 9:00 am. Kirk has gone and come back from HEB. We got up early and moved all the furniture out of the living room and piled the furniture up on our bed. If those dudes don't come-- or come this afternoon I am going to send them packing!!!!! if I am even here. Then, I am going to call "Stanley Steamer" to come shampoo the carpets!!!! What a way to run a railroad.
I guess I had better go and pack for our weekend in Dallas.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mom worked for a few years after my father retired. She had a few more years to put in because she took off when my brother was born. Look at it this way:After being together all summer...you might enjoy the break. You have to ease into full time together...:)

9:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How are the girls? I hope you guys had fun! I am glad you have such a great group of friends! love you

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home