Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Kirk's first retirement day

Well, yesterday was Kirk's first retirement day. It went pretty well. He got up, took a two mile hike, came back and sat outside and read the paper and drank his coffee(watched me putter around in the yard, pulling weeds, moving and watering plants.
Today, Tuesday, he went to New Braunfels and sat in court listening to his best friend, Phil Watkins work.
Meanwhile, back at the "ranch" I have shredded a ton of old papers, canceled checks, bank statements, and old bill statements--from as far back as 1995. Right now I am blogging while the shredder motor cools down. I think that I probably should take "her" to the barn until tomorrow. She might need a brushing down, or something. I really don't want to burn up another shredder. This is a heavy duty one, I guess I was exprecting way too much of the old girl.
I think that I will call it a day--been in this room ALL day--and go outside and water plants.
Adios!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home