Saturday, September 30, 2006

Celebrations for a retiree!!

My friend, Debby, retired this past summer after 36 years of teaching. WoW!!! That is a long time. I look forward to seeing her tonight and visiting with current collegues over fine wine and good food. Retirement has suited Kirk. He is puttering around doing all kinds of chores. The only one he has not attempted, yet, is cleaning out the garage. He has straightened it up a little and I hope he will consider an all out cleaning and throwing away of "stuff" when it gets cooler.

I am collecting information for my own retirement this summer. I will finish out the school year and retire the end of May or first of June. I really don't plan to just stay home the whole time, there are lots of things I can do. However, I do look forward to being able to just sit and think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home