Thursday, September 14, 2006

Singing God's Praises

Last night I was a part of a group of choir singers who knew exactly what they were there to do. Travis Park Choir combined with St. Paul UMC choir to practice for the upcoming revival that St. Paul is having this coming week. I really wish that we (Travis Park) could combine with them more often. St. Paul is a predominately African American Methodist church here in San Antonio. St. Paul's choir and its' directors were so gracious to us. It was a true blessing to experience singing with them. I am singing part of a solo--only by default--and St. Paul's choir was so supportive of my efforts on a song that I had never heard before. I only hope that I do it justice. I believe that if you don't use your God given talents that you lose them. I don't want to lose mine--they have just now come to the surface of my life.
I can hardly wait to experience this revival. I know that the Spirit of the Lord will truly be in that place. For someone who arrived stressed and tired, I left spiriturally uplifted. The Spirit of the Lord was in that place. I wish I had the plain, simple, and all encompassing faith that these people have in God. I would be truly blessed.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When will you be singing? I really enjoyed listening to you at the Broadway Melodies..you will do great!!

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home