Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Wigged Out!!

It is truly amazing how these people find me, but they do. When they are born and they come down the chute and bounce into being they are automatically programed to be members of my class. It is one of those strange games of chance and I am the lucky winner. Today a student in my sixth period class stopped at the door and said " Hello, Mrs. Grimes. How are you today?" There was something strange about him, but that is not a new thing. He is ALWAYS strange. He's always dressed in black. Today his hair was very different. He sported a coal black wig. Yes, ladies and gentlemen a wig. It was one of those(ya'll remember those vinyl looking wigs that looked like patent leather???? Well, that would be my boy. And yes, it was a boy wearing this wig. I told my neighbor teacher to poke her head into my room and look. She was quite taken aback. She said, "You know, you have the darndest luck--these kids flock to you like bees to honey. How do you do it?" I had no answer for her. I have the strangest collection of students this year. They range from girls who want to be boys, boys who want to be girls, Goth's, cheerleader/pep squad types, but very FEW normal children. My last year is shaping up to being one of the strangest in my recorded history. Not since I had the kid who wanted to sprout gills and live in the ocean with the fish, have I had such an assortment. It should be a really interesting year. I will keep everyone posted. It will be anything but dull.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey what's wrong with the Pep Squad types???? :)

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home