Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Expert

Well, the first day was great, until-----one of my little girls stayed back after class to talk to me. She started to tear up and then took a deep breath and continued to explain. She was far behind with her summer reading assignments. She said that she suffers from depression and is on medication for it. I said "OK just keep working and I will grade whatever you can finish and turn in to me." I was so very sad. There is NO counselor, so I am IT. I called her mother to try and get a handle on the situation and the mother told me that what she told me was true. Her mother also told me that she was sad because her two older brothers were in boarding school, away from the rest of the family.CRAP! I thought I was finished with that stuff. Well, apparently God decided that I wasn't. Her parents are doing the right things by sending her to a psychologist and having her on medicine. She is really worried about anyone else knowing this about her. I assured her that what she told me was confident. I am going to watch over her and hopefully give her some kind of help. The fact that she trusts me is really big. Needless to say, I am praying daily that I have the right words to help her and the other kids that I am discovering who need special education help--from autism to emotional disturbances. Yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mental suffering crosses all the economic barriers--from the Bario to The Dominion. It seems that people are people no matter their economic status. I keep praying that God watches over us all.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow.... I would go to God too! I think God put you there for a reason! You were a great pick! love you

4:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahh...she will be lucky to have you.

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home