Friday, March 28, 2008

Race for the Cure

Tomorrow my friend Arlene and I are doing the Race for the Cure. We have done this walk for several years, now. It always means a lot to me each year, but not as much as it does this year. Sue Merrill lost her battle with cancer this year. I miss seeing her cute little convertible pull into the parking garage on Sunday morning. She was a long time breast cancer survivor. I admired her for her courage, faith, and sense of humor. I am also remembering a collegue of ours from Kirby who lost her battle. Jessica's Grandmother Nichols and Cheri's Granny was plagued with this awful disease. There are so many women who are no longer with us who were so courageous. We, the healthy women, owe these who have gone on our support and love. They are the ones who have paid the ultimate sacrifice. We are walking for all women who might get this disease. Please help rid the world of this horrible, painful, life-draining disease. I will be walking for Sue, Mabel, Cascade, and so many others who have died. Say a prayer for us who are walking, running, and sleeping for the cure. Say a prayer for those who have the disease and are walking for themselves and others.

5 Comments:

Blogger Melisa said...

I'm so glad to know someone who believes in the system of raising money for research.
Good luck. Hope that you have decent weather!

9:16 PM  
Blogger Gwen said...

Next year we will join you once again!

7:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You go girl!

9:18 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That is so awesome! I know my Granny appreciates the shout out!

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home