Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Flair!!!!

Today I substituted at a school for special students. They were wonderful, sweet, and very cooperative. It was a great experience for me. In the afternoon classes, there was a student who asked, " Are you going to sub again for us?" I said, "Yes, if I am asked, I will be back." He smiled and said, " Great, we love a sub with flair." I was in the presence of greatness. He was an eighteen year old who lost his mother last week. I felt blessed to have been a facilitator in his classes today. If I am ever asked to sub again for this group of kids, I will be there. These are kids who are ED, LD, and mild MR, but they accepted me unconditionaly with love and compliance. They were wonderful. God truly knows what I need to be doing, if not everyday, a few days a week. I get the same reaction from the kids at St. Luke's. They are ALL showing unconditional love for their fellow person--Me. I love them in return and am eternally grateful for the experience of teaching them. I find myself missing them, when I am not at school with them. They are truly a blessing!!!!! The problem will be to make a decision to sub for St. Luke's or The Achievement Center, if I am called to sub on the same day by both schools. Here is hoping that never happens and I am always left with a choice. Later!!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always knew teaching was your calling.... I am so glad you are able to experience the joy of being in the classroom again! :)

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home