Tuesday, October 16, 2007

I really don't know how to title this, but this has been a very strange week. Last Wednesday Kirk and I helped Gwen get hay for the "Pumpkin Patch" all day(Sat.) photo shoot. We delivered the hay and then we went up the street to Marilyn and Roslyn's house to say hello to their Mom. She was sleeping off and on, and so very frail. Neither one of us felt like she knew who we were. Later that night she passed away quietly. I know a lot of people think that I have a very strange relationship with Kirk's ex-wife and her family, but the truth is they are part of who Gwen and Larry are. They are family. Kaye and Gus were very sweet to me from the very beginning of mine and Kirk's relationship. There are unknown reasons why certain groups of people are destined to meet and grow together. I think that Ros's family are just such a group of people. I was destined to meet Kirk and become a member of his family(including his ex-family) and he a member of mine. I am richer for knowing all of these people. I know that my Jessica is richer for having them in her life. Gwen and Larry became the sister and brother that she would not have had otherwise. You pass this way once, and to live with unwarrented animosity only leads to an unhappy life. I felt blessed having known Kaye Erben and I hope that she and Gus are together in heaven having a wonderful time catching up on things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home