Saturday, October 22, 2005

Dandy's Place

The Graduate

"Hear ye, hear ye: Master Jake Grimes, the illustrious chocolate lab puppy controlling the Grimes household, has graduated from Puppy Obedience School with an impressive final exam score of 88!! Was he the high point scorer in his class? No, a beagle had to excell with a score of 105--darn him. Kudos to Mom for faithfully taking him to class every Thrusday for the past 6 or 7 weeks and perwervering the embarrassment of a dog not always wanting to obey--leaving a "pile" inside Petsmart, etc. She is the greatest!!!
Now, if we can just get Jake to quit digging, and chewing up everything in the backyard, we will be happy. As a reward for his high score, I plan to take him to the vet to be neutered. Won't that make him happy??!!"

This report was written by Jake's male human--known as "Dad". I decided that I could not improve upon his prose and decided to use it word for word and give him credit(of course).
Jake really is a pretty smart puppy. He is so cute and lovable, even when he is sitting on me. He has this habit of walking up to you and sitting on your feet or leaning against you. That would not be so bad except that Jake must weigh 75 or 80 pounds. He is a bigggggg boy at almost 10 months old. I think that Jake and I will be good buddies this winter, during hunting season. I will probably buy him a LARGE cushion to sleep on, although he really loves being outside on the covered patio. I really wished that he would not pull up my banana trees, and then shred them. They have been in a very long time and I would like to keep them there. Knock on wood, he has not destroyed anything important from the patio, lately. Of course, I just jinxed myself by saying that, and I will go out tomorrow and he will have chewed down the table, or bench. Maybe I will go and give him a BIG bone to chew on all night. See ya.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home