Monday, October 10, 2005

Dandy's Place

Retirement from Education is LOOMING!!! YEAH ME!!!!!!


It is very hard to believe that I have been in the education business for 18 years!!! That means that in less than 5 years I can retire and begin doing something else--like painting, or writing, or decorating homes other than my own- That whole possibility is really exciting. Speaking of decorating--I have been painting the master bath and bedroom. I finished yesterday and boy does it really look great. I want to paint the others bedrooms as well. I have been going to model homes in my area to see what the latest trend in decorating is. I got some really great ideas. Of course, those models do not looked lived in like my house does. Of course, I live with a pack rat--love him dearly--but, he is still a pack rat. I have moved furniture around and I hope that I can make my house look not so cluttered and crowded. My girls think that is hopeless. I had today off and I really enjoyed puttering around and putting things back in order. I want tomorrow off too, however, I will have to settle with a 4-day week. I can do that. You know the more I think about retiring the better I like it. I had been mistaken about my years of service. I spent 6 years as a teacher's aid. I was only counting my years as a certified teacher. When I read my TRS statement more closely, I was thrilled.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey there!! I can post because I have a blog, you have to go into your comments section and change it to allow all types of people.

7:40 PM  
Blogger Gwen said...

Hey Mom! That is so exciting! Don't forget, when you retire you will have more days to spend with your GRANDCHILDREN! :) I'm so happy for you!

7:29 AM  
Blogger emilie said...

Oh... I dream of retirement daily! I had my 4 year anniversary last week. I think that means I have at least 26 more years...oh depression is setting in!

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home