Monday, July 23, 2007

The Birthday Cake

Today is Mama's birthday--88th--and I am baking her a cake. Of course, she won't eat any of it--that's for Patsy, Kirk and me to eat. She opened her presents this morning and was very excited to get a new alarm clock(which she doesn't have to wind), a set of bird placemats and pictures of us at the beach with a picture holder. I think that we have brought the rain with us, much to Patsy's delight. Howard, Kirk's personal weather forecaster, called this morning and told him that the sun was shining and was suppose to stay for about three days. Kirk has sat still for about as long as he can, so right now he is down at Patsy's climbing tree pruning off dead limbs and sucker limbs. He is happy-- he is using a chain saw!!!!!!! We are going to shop at my favorite store--Nell Hill's in Atchinson tomorrow or Wednesday. Kirk will be off to the Stetson place, if he can find it. There are rumors that it has closed down. Well, I'm off down the hill to check on Kirk and Patsy and their cutting and hauling. More Later!!!!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like you guys had a good day! Have a good trip and give everyone my love! Happy Birthday Mama Willa!

9:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wish I could go to Nell Hill!!!

9:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like fun. I think howard was confused...haven't ween the sun yet!!

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home