Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Outdoor School

Tomorrow my teaching partner and I leave for outdoor school with 24 seventh graders. God HELP me!!!! I am not looking forward to this adventure. We will be going to Rock Springs and the weather doesn't look very promising--rainy and cold is the forecast. We will be in air conditioned cabins, but that is NOT always good. The good thing is that we, Susan and I, will not have to come up with the activities for the kids--there are counselors for that. You can bet your arse that I will not be going on the "sherpa" trail(that is a rocky path that you climb up the side of a hill(mountain-like) and take a zip line down (over water). "Not I," said the duck. I plan to sit on the bank of the Nueces and watch the activities and knit. You all say a serious prayer for me on this trip. Some of you know my love of "camping". Oh, by the way, there is NO cell phone--the camp is in a DEAD ZONE. Jeez, Louise I am soooooo screwed. I will not be back to civilization until Friday. Kirk have the wine on ice, please.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will have a good time! I am glad it is you and not me! :)

6:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watch out for the rattle snakes. They are on the move--we killed two in RockSprings last weekend. Have fun!! Let us know how it goes.

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home